Thursday, June 26, 2008

FROM BEAR:

Well Good Morning America or should I say Good Evening?,

It is Thursday morning here in Tambov and Wednesday night in Twin as I write this. Ministry here has been exciting to say the least. The Lord continues to stretch us and use us the way He sees fit. Let me back up and share some of my thoughts on the past few days. As mentioned in earlier posts we split up our team on Sunday morning. Dirk and the Kidds went to Morschank and ministered there, their report was encouraging. The Graff’s, Jerry and I stayed in Tambov and ministered here. Paul gave his testimony and I preached a sermon on the Purpose of Prayer as I just gathered my thoughts on what I taught in Twin in one sermon. Yes I know, one sermon in Russia, 13 sermons on the same subject in Twin . The people were receptive. That night we listened to 3 sermons from Deacons who are in training. I must say this concept is a very good idea. I might have to import it to the States. The discouraging thing was the content. But that is for another time. Day camps as they are called here started on Tuesday and all is going well. We have learned to go with the flow, which means be expected to do anything at a moment’s notice. The kids are warming up to us and we are always looking for times to share Christ. All of our crafts and skits are pointed that way. I am a little concerned for Paul. His adventurous lifestyle in the food department might catch up to his stomach, but it sure brings a good smile to the team. We often find ourselves saying to him, “You are eating what…?” I must say thanks for your sustaining prayers. They are helping our team. We are singing a lot and serving each other a lot. Even got a foot rub from Dirk. Sorry to say he might have some fungus on his hands. I am encouraged. The Lord is stretching us, humbling us, and showing us how to extend His love. Today is another full day. Continue to lift us before the throne room of God. In Christ, Pastor Bear

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Paul & Samantha,
We hope you are able to make a big impact and return safely.

Your Cousin,

Don & Anna Knocke