Friday, June 27, 2008

FROM BEAR:

Beloved,

Right now it is Saturday morning and we are preparing for our last day of the day camp here in Tambov and tonight we do a music outreach. It truly has been a joy. Hey, Cherie, just wanted to tell you that we will be adding to our family. One little girl here reminds me of Madison. Friday was just as exciting as the rest. Different adventures and great excitement. Some of the joy has been in talking to the pastor here and hearing his heart for ministry. For a young guy he is sure passionate about truth and loving on the people. Praise God for his heart. He told us the other day that when he saw us get off the train, he was thinking no not these old people. How can they have the energy and love for these kids at day camp. This made us laugh as he went on to share that he has been blessed and the kids are being blessed by our service to the Lord here. Never thought I would be put in the category of “old,” boy times are changing. Also last night, Dirk and I made our way down to the other church here in Tambov and did a live internet radio session. The targeted group were unbelievers between 14 to 23. They were invited to ask the Americans questions. We sang Amazing Grace and they liked so much that asked for another song. Never thought I would have fan base who wanted to hear me sing. On the serious side, we were able to answer such questions on what is sin and idol worship. We let them have it as we exposited from the text of Scriptures. Needless to say the internet lines where bursting at the seams. Serge, the radio host, was telling us these Orthodox’s didn’t like our answers as we were telling them that it is in Christ alone through faith alone that one might be saved. All to the glory of God. On a personal note, I awoke this morning with my whole body itching. It seems that at night I become a buffet for all the mosquitoes here in Tambov. At last count I have 21 bites just on my arms alone. I think that they wrote something in brail. Slova Bogu. Anyway time to eat breakfast. Hold fast, with the Lord’s help we are coming home soon. In Christ, Pastor Bear

1 comment:

Daron said...

Hi Bear and Team,
Things are going great here in Twin Falls. So far I have not had to conduct any funerals. Praise God =) I am heading out the door to preach my first sermon. Thanks for praying for me. We have been keeping up with you all on the Blog. The Blog has been great, and everyone here has enjoyed the real time information on how you are doing in Russia. Be sure to take a real close look at anything Paul gives you to eat. That boy would probably eat a caterpiller covered is wassabee sauce if they served it to him! By the way, Happy Birthday Paul!! We will continue to pray for you and the Russia Team's efforts in Tambov. God Bless you guys, and we are looking forward to seeing you all again. -Daron